Best Diet Pills for Women of 2023
At some point in their life most women lament carrying around a bit more weight than they’d like. There are a number of factors working against women staying naturally slim as they age including long hours sitting at their desk, no time to get the exercise they need, the modern carb-heavy diet and even immune cells in their stomach slowing their metabolism (1). It’s enough to make you throw in the towel. But not so fast. Diet pills have something of a checkered past, but many of today’s weight loss pills are scientifically formulated and, when taken as directed, are safe and effective.
Below are the 10 best diet pills for women in 2023.
1. Evlution Nutrition Trans4orm Fat Burner Supplement
Caffeine, yohimbe, black pepper, green tea extract and more come together in Evlution Nutrition’s Trans4orm Fat Burner. The foundation ingredients are buttressed by herbal extracts including huperzine A as well as vitamins and amino acids intended to preserve muscle integrity and help in the building of new lean muscle tissue.
But while black pepper, green tea extract and yohimbe are thought to help increase metabolism and to provide thermogenic benefits there’s no denying that caffeine is the star of this show. At 175 mg you’ll get quite a shot. One that will get you up and back in the game. Just don’t overdo it.
2. Nutratech Atrafen Fat Burner and Appetite Suppressant
Nutratech Atrafen is produced in the US in an FDA certified facility. It keeps things simple by relying heavily on a few key ingredients. Those include green tea extract, apple cider vinegar and raspberry ketones. Anyone familiar with the keto diet will recognize raspberry ketones as an essential part of that low-carb prescription for weight loss.
These exogenous ketones (ketones produced outside the body) metabolize fat into energy which is the equivalent of weight loss gold. Of course, raspberry ketones will work much more effectively if taken in concert with a true keto diet. But even by themselves they are likely to provide some fat burning capability. Atrafen also features green tea extract which is known for its ability to increase metabolism and is being used by many manufacturers today as an alternative to caffeine.
3. NatureWise Pure Garcinia Cambogia
NatureWise is well known for their vitamin and mineral supplements and is generally well-regarded for the time and attention they give to their formulations. Here though there is no formulation to speak of. They’re going all-in on garcinia cambogia. The active ingredient in garcinia cambogia is HCA and it is believed to aid in blocking excess carbs from being turned into fat stores.
HCA is also thought to enhance serotonin levels. This is important because serotonin plays an important role in providing emotional stability. And we all know that it’s often feelings that lead to excessive eating.
4. HivoNutra 4X Strength Apple Cider Vinegar Capsules + Keto & MCT Oil for Women
HivoNutra 4X Strength Apple Cider Vinegar Capsules with Keto & MCT Oil – Your Ultimate Diet Supplement for Women & Men!
4X Strength Formula: Our Apple Cider Vinegar Capsules are four times stronger than standard ACV supplements, providing you with potent support for your health and well-being.
Keto & MCT Oil: Perfectly complement your ketogenic diet with the added benefits of MCT oil, known for its ability to boost energy levels and support weight management.
Cleansing & Detox: Apple Cider Vinegar has a long history of being used to support natural detoxification processes. It can help you feel refreshed and rejuvenated.
Vegan-Friendly: We believe in products that are kind to both you and the planet. Our capsules are vegan, ensuring everyone can enjoy the benefits of our ACV supplement.
HivoNutra 4X Strength Apple Cider Vinegar Capsules + Keto & MCT Oil offer a convenient way to incorporate the benefits of apple cider vinegar into your daily routine without the sour taste or hassle of liquid vinegar. Just take our easy-to-swallow capsules, and you’re on your way to a healthier you.
5. Shrogenic Fat Burner
Take control of your metabolic, cardiovascular, and GI health with Thinbi’s Berberine Supplement. This powerful formulation harnesses the benefits of Berberine, known to help maintain a healthy weight and overall wellness. It includes Bitter Melon Fruit Extract for immune support and Banaba Leaf Extract for metabolic support.
With just 2 capsules daily, it provides easily digestible nutrition and supports a healthy guy microbiome. Thinbi’s Berberine Supplement draws on the trusted history of Berberine in Ayurvedic and Chinese herbal practices, offereing its benefits without any fillers.
6. Zantrex Blue High-Energy Rapid Weight Loss Supplement
These plant-based diet pills are designed to aid in rapid weight loss and provide increased energy through a proprietary blend of botanical and xanthine ingredients, including Yerba Mate, Guarana, and Damiana extracts. They are part of the Zantrex line of weight loss supplements, which has a proven track record of success for over a decade.
The product comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, making it a risk-free option for those looking to lose weight quickly without a prescribed diet or exercise program.
7. HivoBurn 4X Keto Inducing & Weight Management Supplement
These weight loss pills are specifically designed for women and aim to help with weight loss, appetite suppression, and overall well-being. They contain natural ingredients like Raspberry Ketones, Garcinia Cambogia, Green Coffee Beans, and Green Tea Extract. These ingredients are known for their thermogenic and fat-burning properties, providing fast results. The product is made in the USA in a GMP certified facility and is backed by a satisfaction guarantee, ensuring the safety and quality of the supplement. If not satisfied, the company offers support to address any concerns.
9. Fat Burner For Women | Weight Loss Pills for Women’s Belly Fat
Nobi Nutrition’s Premium Women’s Fat Burner is a targeted formula designed to aid weight loss for women following a keto lifestyle. It contains goBHB exogenous ketones to support energy and encourage the burning of fat for fuel. This supplement also boosts metabolism, helps with appetite control, and comes in a bottle with 60 capsules (30 servings). It is formulated in the USA and sourced from a GMP certified facility.
10. PhenAprin Diet Pills Weight Loss and Energy Boost for Metabolism
PhenAprin is a weight loss supplement designed for both men and women. It enhances metabolism and promotes fat burning through hyper-metabolism. It also boosts energy levels, aids in appetite control to reduce calorie intake, and improves mood and focus with gentle herbal stimulants. This combination increases the likelihood of successful weight loss and is backed by strong customer support.
What Benefits do Diet Pills Offer Women?
The best diet pills can help women overcome some of the physiological handicaps they have to deal with that makes losing weight more difficult for them then it is for men. Those natural handicaps include:
- Opioid driven food cravings – Women’s brains seem hardwired to crave unhealthy foods at a greater rate than men. This is especially true around the time of their period. It’s believed by some that these cravings are linked to something called “endogenous opioid peptides”. These are a form of amino acid that seems to control appetite (3). During their period it’s thought women have more of these EOPs circulating in their system. Diet pills can help you counteract the effect of these OEPs. At least to some degree.
- Naturally higher body fat – Estrogen and other hormones cause women to retain a higher percentage of body fat than men do. Certain ingredients in diet pills can help offset this natural female bias toward the retention of adipose tissue.
- Lower tolerance for caffeine – Many women have a naturally lower tolerance for caffeine. Since many diet pills historically have leaned heavily on caffeine as an activating agent women often wound up feeling bad when taking them. Today, the best diet pills are not so dependent on caffeine to stimulate the nervous and metabolic systems and instead will utilize alternatives such as ginko biloba which have been shown to stimulate cognitive function(4).
While diet pills are not the be-all, end-all of supplements they can provide important assistance in helping women overcome some of these natural physiological barriers to weight loss.
What Exactly is in The Best Diet Pills for Women?
Diet pill makers today take a variety of paths to reach a similar goal. Some go the tried and true caffeine-based route, while others rely more heavily on alternative ingredients known to stimulate the metabolism and bring appetites under control. Ingredients that can commonly be found in the best diet pills for women today include:
- Garcinia cambogia – Garcinia cambogia has been gaining more and more traction in the diet pill sector for several years now. As more evidence comes to light regarding its purported ability to burn fat by increasing the metabolism it’s likely that ever more producers will be either including it in their existing formulations or creating new pills based on garcinia cambogia as the primary ingredient. It is not entirely clear exactly what mechanism garcinia cambogia uses to facilitate weight loss, although some researchers believe it may mimic ketogenic effects and activate the mitochondria in cells that burn fat for energy. Others believe it may have an effect on serotonin levels. Still, there is no real consensus. About the only thing everyone seems to agree on is that it does produce some beneficial weight loss effects.
- Caffeine – Caffeine is a staple of most weight loss pills and has been for decades. Why? Because it works. Caffeine provides a jolt of energy that gets people up out of their seat and back into their life. As legendary fitness guru Jack Lalanne used to say “Old age doesn’t kill people, inactivity does.” Caffeine also has a number of other potential benefits for both women and men including bolstering the metabolism through thermogenesis and potentially helping to ward off the onset of Type II diabetes. Caffeine however, is not without its potential downside as well. The most common negative side effects of caffeine are anxiety, insomnia and other health problems brought on by lack of sleep. Perhaps most disturbing is that research indicates that when women consume 31–250 mg of caffeine per day they may have an elevated risk of developing fibrocystic breast disease (5). For all these reasons and more caffeine has been taking on a less prominent role in the formulation of the best diet pills for women.
- Green tea extract – Green tea extract has been shown to be effective as well as generally safe. It is used in diet pills primarily for its thermogenic properties and derives these from epigallocatechin. Green tea extract is also believed to have anti-inflammatory properties and to produce antioxidant effects. As manufacturers have looked for ways to decrease the amount of caffeine in diet pills they have increasingly leaned on alternatives like green tea extract, which has only a small amount of caffeine. Some research indicates that green tea extract may increase total energy expenditure although more study in this regard is necessary before any ironclad conclusions can be drawn.
- Protein – Protein has long been known to provide a slight boost to the metabolism which in turn results in your body burning more fat, even when at rest. Protein is also necessary when it comes to building and maintaining lean muscle mass. And because muscle requires more blood, nutrients and oxygen than fat cells, (which are essentially inert), more muscle typically equals a faster metabolism and a naturally leaner body. This claim has been borne out in a number of recent studies over the past decade (6). Protein also tends to increase the feeling of satiety. The mechanisms by which it accomplishes this are not fully understood but believed to have something to do with its effects on certain hormones.
- Fiber – It is believed that soluble fiber can help suppress a woman’s appetite and may even play a role in subconsciously leading women to make healthier eating choices (7). That would, of course, lead to reductions in fat stores. Soluble fiber also plays an important regulatory role for certain hormones and can slow down the processing of nutrients in the gut, which also aids in generating a feeling of being full for longer.
Are There Any Ingredients That Should be Avoided?
There are several ingredients that sometimes find their way into diet pills but are potentially problematic. These include:
- Synephrine – Synephrine, or bitter orange extract as it’s commonly known, is used in a number of diet pills. By itself in small quantities it doesn’t necessarily present a problem. But when using in conjunction with caffeine side effects may become more apparent and include dizziness, blurred vision, sweating, chest pain and more.
- Ephedra – Ephedra was once a common ingredient in diet pills but it has since been banned by the FDA. Ephedra has been linked to a series of life-threatening side effects (8) including heart attack, seizures, stroke, fainting and even death. If your diet pill says it contains ephedra we would urge you to not take it.
- DMAA – DMAA or 1,3-dimethylamylamine is another ingredient that has been banned by the FDA after serious questions arose about its safety. It is illegal for diet pills in the US to contain DMAA. But that doesn’t stop some makers from trying to slip it past regulators. Side effects may include heart attack, seizures, tightness in the chest, psychological issues and more.
Do Diet Pills Produce Any Side Effects?
Diet pills for women are not entirely without their potential side effects. While not every woman who uses these supplements will have a negative experience it is likely that some will. These potential side effects are associated with the various ingredients used in different diet pill formulations, such as:
- Caffeine – As we have already seen caffeine is not perhaps the best stimulant for use in women’s diet pills. Since women typically have a lower resistance to caffeine its inclusion in a diet pill may result in anxiety, nervous energy, upset stomach and more. Research also indicates that consuming large amounts of caffeine may eventually lead to greater caffeine resistance, which leads women to consume ever-greater amounts (9).
- Garcinia cambogia – Garcinia cambogia is often used in diet pills as a way to help control appetite. And it has proven its worth in this regard over the years. However, it is not without its side effects as well and these may include dizziness, confusion, digestive problems and skin rashes. Keep in mind too that the longer GC sits around the less effective it is.
- Yohimbe – This ingredient is sometimes used in diet pills because of its ability to ramp up energy levels by accessing and releasing adrenaline. Sometimes however, it can release too much and a woman winds up experiencing rushes, anxiety, nausea and elevated blood pressure. Keep in mind however, that such reactions are extremely rare.
- Apple cider vinegar – Some diet pills for women use apple cider vinegar to facilitate weight loss. But while apple cider vinegar is known to provide a number of health benefits (10) it should also come with a warning label attached. That’s because it is suspected of lowering potassium levels and, in its undiluted form, it has been known to cause throat burns.
The Bottom Line
Discovering the ideal diet pill for your needs may require some experimentation, but it’s essential not to delay the process. In today’s fast-paced and demanding world, maintaining physical fitness is crucial to tackle daily challenges effectively. The right diet pills can assist in reducing fat, boosting energy and vitality, and mitigating the consequences of less-than-ideal dietary choices, allowing you to face each day with confidence.